Installing Cucumber on LigoWave
You will need:
- A computer with ethernet ports
- A LigoWave device
- 1 x Ethernet cable
- A download of the Cucumber firmware
- A download of a TFTP server such as PumpKIN or tftpd32
Let's get flashing...
If you haven't already, sign up for an account to get access to your dashboard and the firmware
Next up, you will need to download the firmware from your dashboard.
Rename the firmware you downloaded to:
Set up your computer's Ethernet as follows:
- IP - 192.168.2.254
- Subnet - 255.255.255.0
- Gateway - None or if required 192.168.1.1
Move the firmware file into the route directory set in the TFTP server.
During the next steps, we recommend disabling your WiFi card/adapter to help prevent IP issues.
Flashing the firmware
Connect your LigoWave's Ethernet/PoE port to your laptop/computer via Ethernet from the PoE port.
Power it on while holding the reset button down, and keep it held down until the cycle from right to left to indicate it is in TFTP mode.
During this time, you should see the firmware pulled to the Access Point in the console.
Once the file has sent, you should then see the lights on the LigoWave cycling in an almost random pattern while it installs the firmware.
If this does not happen, see the troubleshooting section at the end of this guide.
After some time the lights on your LigoWave should turn off as it power cycles, before coming back on again, indicating that the firmware flash process is complete.
Sometimes things can go wrong, here are a few of the most common troubleshooting tips:
The lights on my AP aren't flashing like they're supposed to after sending the firmware to it
This might happen for a few reasons:
- The AP can't reach 192.168.2.254
- Problem with ethernet cable
- Problem with interface on laptop
- Correct IP address & subnet not configured properly
- Firewall blocking TFTP
- TFTP server is not running
- Not properly configured
- Multiple instances could be running
- Firmware file cannot be found
- File in wrong location
- File named wrong
- Button is not pressed properly
- Pin being used could slip off button momentarily
- Button could be broken
- Not held down for correct length of time